What’s Visa on Arrival?
You don’t need to apply for visa entry through local Vietnam Embassies in your living country, however you can have us applied an approval letter for your visa to Vietnam. We help you easily to get Vietnam visa approval for on arrival visa, all you need to do now is just to send us details of your passport and flight. Within 2 working days, or in urgent case, 4 working hours after receiving your request, we will send you Visa Approval letter (issued by Vietnam Immigration Dept.) via email, so you can pick up visa upon arrival at any international airports in Vietnam: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. This is so called Vietnam Visa on arrival. More information about application processing.
Is the Vietnam visa on arrival online legitimate?
Yes, it is. It is issued by Vietnam Immigration Department and recognized as a legal document by the Vietnamese government. The IATA (International Air Traffic Association) has recognized Vietnam Visa on Arrival. Check out the visa information sections on the following airline websites: Sky team, One world and Star Alliance.
Vietnam Visa on Arrival is stated in the Immigration Laws of Vietnam Article 24, 1999, clause #6, Chapter II.
Other governments also recognize Vietnam Visa on Arrival as a legitimate travel document, such as the U.S. Department of State & the British Embassy in Hanoi: “In order to enter Vietnam, you will need a valid passport with at least six months validity remaining and a Vietnamese visa, a visa exemption document, or a written approval letter for a visa upon arrival. To obtain a written approval letter to enter, you must contact a travel agency prior to departure.”
Why Vietnam Visa On Arrival online is preferred?
Obviously you can apply Vietnam visa directly at Vietnam Embassy in your living country. However, in case there is no Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in your area, or you just want to make Vietnam as one part of a multi-destination trip, we recommend Vietnam visa upon arrival as your best option since it saves a lot of time and money.
Vietnam Visa on arrival application
Vietnam visa on arrival is required for most foreigners to enter and exit Vietnam at one of 3 international airports: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city & Hanoi. Travelers are advised to arrange Visa Vietnam before their departure by applying online for the Approval Letter first, receive the letter by email, then get Visa Stamped on their passports at Vietnam Airports upon arrival.
Visa Approval Letter is a letter issued and confirmed by Vietnam Immigration Department. At the airport, the corresponding authority will verify the details on the approval letter based on your passport and travel documents. As long as you make sure you input the correct details when applying, you will surely be granted entry Visa to Vietnam. Without the approval letter, travelers CAN NOT check in the international flights to Vietnam. Apply Vietnam visa online now.
Requirement to process On-arrival Visa
- Your full personal information in passport or scan and attach your mask of passport (Full name, Date of Birth, Sex, Nationality, Passport Number, Date of Passport Issuance, Date of Passport Expiration) – Passport must be valid at least 6 months from the entry date ahead)
- Proposed date of arrival
- Flight reference
- Port of arrival – Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh or Hanoi
- Purpose of visit (Vacation/ Business/Family visit)
If you apply to get visa at the Embassy, please inform us the city at which a Vietnam embassy or consulate is located so that we can provide the visa approval code directly to the Embassy/Consulate where you plan to get the visa.
Visa Procedure at Vietnam Airports
At the ARRIVAL HALL inside the airports, there is a Landing Visa Counter in front of the check-in point counter, you have to prepare required documents to get visa stamp: your original passport (valid for at least 6 months and left pages), 2 ( 4×6 cm) passport photos, entry/exit form and cash in USD/VND.
Following is Circular No.190/2012/TT-BTC dated November 09, 2012 of the Ministry of Finance (Vietnam Government) stipulating the regime on collection, remittance, management and use of fees at Vietnam international airports upon arrival, THE STAMPING VISA FEE is applied from 01 January 2013 as follows:
- 1 month & 3 months single: 25 USD
- Less than 1 month/multiple: 50 USD,
- 1-3 months to less than 6 months: 95 USD
- 6 months multiple is 135 USD
Important notice for travelers to Vietnam with On-arrival visa
- Vietnam Customs Clearance Officers will arrange Visa Stamp at the arrival airport for passengers enter Vietnam by plane. If you do NOT enter Vietnam by plane, you should contact the nearest Vietnam Embassy to get visa.
- The most important thing is that you bring up the Vietnam Visa Approval Letter when you enter Vietnam. Without this letter you cannot be on board the airplane and get visa when you arrive Vietnam.
- Normally, it takes around 15-30 minutes to get the visa stamped at Vietnam airports upon arrival. However, sometimes it may take longer than expected due to the large number of arrivals. To shorten your Customs Clearance time, you can use our Visa Fast-Track Service.
- The Visa Counter at Vietnam airports are 24/7 open. So if you have the approval letter, you can pick up your visa at Vietnam airports at weekend or holiday.